Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The mountains called to us

A couple weekends ago, Jay and I headed up for some camping.  We went to the same area that we went our first weekend camping... but actually made it to the Lost Park campground!  And wow... I am so glad we did. That campsite was beautiful.  Waaaay off the beaten path and quiet.

Our view from the campsite was spectacular...see?
 

There is something so refreshing about being outside with the fire and absolutely no modern noises.
We slept in a bit the next day and made breakfast.  The campsite is at a starting point for some great backpacking trails (who knew!) and so we decided to head out for a hike in the late morning.  Jay and I hike with the idea of time... hike out for so many hours, hike back for the same.  Weather depending, of course.  So off we went!! 4 1/2 hours later we made it back to camp.  We had hiked 11 miles. ELEVEN! Which made sense why my feet were sore and I made Jay stop so I could soak my feet.
Some pictures from the hike:



soaking the tired feets
Sunday morning came leisurely for us as well.  We slept in, made breakfast and ended up sitting around reading for a few hours.  It was incredibly difficult to pack up and leave the site.  We eventually did and made it home in the early afternoon. We will definitely going back!!


No comments:

Post a Comment