Friday, March 22, 2013

Saint Patrick's Day(s) 2013

Ahhh, the life of an Irish dancer. We all know that St. Patrick's Day is more than just 1 day out of the year.  Its more than just a day for green clothes, shamrocks, beer and revelry. For Irish Dancers, Saint Patrick's Day is a season. Or at least a week.

This year, since I am at a new job, I couldn't just spirit off to shows in the middle of the day. But... that didn't mean I didn't do my fair share!

We started with a show Friday morning (before work)... 6am at Kegs and Eggs down at Lodo's in downtown.  The street was already packed with people...

the crowd outside Kegs and Eggs
 We managed to pull the whole show together, despite the early hour, and look great doing it!  
Kegs and Eggs team and our fearless leader Claire!
 The next day was the day of the parade.  It was much colder that we were expecting... but we didn't end up marching in it at all! The parade stepped off too late for us to be included because we had to dash off to our first show!

non-parade team

 The next 2 days were a whirlwind of shows and running from place to place. I think it was a total of 16 shows over the weekend. I sadly didn't get to take as many pics as I wanted, so these are all courtesy of Miss Stacey! The team was AWESOME. We had a blast and I can't wait to do it again next year. Even if I was limping around for the next day...

cutest!!

Julie and I had a rockin' two hand!

Mama and I!

I love these ladies!

rockin' green 'staches!

the whole crazy crew. What a group!

 Until next year...


No comments:

Post a Comment