Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Mountain Fun

I feel as though all my posts are a few weeks behind... but at least I am posting, right? Right? Anyway... a few weeks ago, we had a nice little overnight excursion into the mountains for some well needed ski/ride time.  The snow has been pretty terrible all season... but now the snow is finally falling!

Here was our weekend:
 Jay and I headed up early Friday morning to get a day in without the massive crowds.  It was a gorgeous day! Although a bit cold. Brr!
Jay and I on our lunch break :)

smiling for the camera on the lift!

beautiful day at Copper!
 We finished the day with some hot cocoa beverages in the Lodge, before going to check into our hotel.
german chocolate cake? Hot cocoa and coconut rum, yum!

 The next day we met up with some of my awesome friends (all were not captured...sadly!) and enjoyed a second day of snow fun!
another beautiful day!

a portion of the crew, love these guys. :D
Heather and I caved early and opted to avoid injury and wander around Copper and cozy up to the bar in the afternoon.  It was perfection!
photo op with the GIANT red chair
 
 And then we watched the snow and clouds blow in... all while enjoying the hot cocoa!

 Jay and I are planning to head up again... but it will have to wait until after St. Patrick's Day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment