Thursday, March 7, 2013

Dance and Fitness Update

I actually started writing this post over a month ago. Yes, really. I kept going back and re-doing it, re-writing it and re-working it, because I wasn't pleased with how it was sounding.  I mean, really, it was just an update on dance and my all around fitness. 

But then I realized... it was hard to update on dance... because I've been so unhappy with it lately.  I feel like a bit of a broken record, because this happens every year... but boy is dance frustrating right now.  What's frustrating?  Not the physical act of dance... because I continue to love every second of it.  BUT, once again, our class has found its way to the back of the pack.  There is a great champions class, and a great intermediate class. The prizewinner class? Lackluster. We aren't learning new steps. The new blood being forced into the class isn't really up to the prizewinner level. Which means being held back a bit in growth.

Yes, I understand that if I pushed myself I could just move my dances up to Prelim and be in the champs class.  That is true, but I know I'm not there yet. But how do I get there when I am not getting the adequate teaching in our prizewinner class? 

Luckily I have a bit of a reprieve from the frustrations for the next few weeks since St. Patty's Day is right around the corner.  For Irish Dancers this means lots of dancing leading up to... and following the green holiday. After that it will be back to the grind... and I will have to figure out what I want to do.

As for my outside of dance fitness... I was doing really, really well for a while. Heading to the gym during lunch or after work.  But... the frustrations with dance have completely weighed me down in all fitness areas and I have been a bum for the last 2 weeks. Which doesn't do my weight/waistline or mood any good.  Add in a lovely head cold...and lets just say I've completely fallen off the wagon. And been run over by it. Repeatedly.

On LivingSocial.com a few days ago there was an offer for 1 month of Boot Camp.  I am thinking of jumping onto that to give myself a reboot into fitness and health. I am hoping it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment