Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My new dress in action!

This past weekend was Fall Feis up in Loveland, Colorado.  It was also my first feis debuting my new dress!! I was crazy excited to wear it and feel like it added a little boost to my confidence while on stage dancing.
First, let me start by saying the I spent Saturday trying to come up with something for my hair.  Yes, for my hair. You see, the dress came with one of those giant headbands that get put into a wig. But... I don't ever wear a full wig for competition, so I needed to figure something else out. Thank goodness for Hobby Lobby! I was able to put something together that was fun, me, and fit with my dress.

 My mom and Jay took the obligatory photos of me posing in my new finery.  See the front (above) and the back (below). In both pictures you can see the blue and black feathers in my hair. :) I was quite proud of my creation!
 Jay tried to get a few pictures of me actually dancing, but the distance and the lighting made it difficult with my point and shoot camera.  I liked this one though, because my legs were crossed and my feet were turned out! Looking good... at least I think so :)
 The only other picture from this weekend was taken of my fellow dancer/classmate and I. Since our dresses are very similar in coloring.... we made sure not to stand next to each other on stage.
It was a pretty good day! New dress, good placings, good fun.  And, my old dress found new life with one of the other adult dancers who made Fall Feis her first &over feis. Congrats Kathleen!! She'll be borrowing my dress until she gets a solo of her own, but it looks good for now and I hope it brings Kathleen as much luck as it did for me!
Blurry, but thats my dress dancing on the left!

While I love, love, love my old dress, I am excited for my new one and hopefully with the way I dance in it.  Thanks a million, mom. :) Until next feis ... in January. I have a lot of work to do and hope my placings will show it!

No comments:

Post a Comment