Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Karma

Karma. The law of Karma states that, "... for every event that occurs, there will follow another event whose existence was caused by the first, and this second event will be pleasant or unpleasant according as its cause was skillful or unskillful."

I am pretty sure that I did something to warrant some bad karma my direction. Why do you ask? A series of unfortunate events.  What did I do to collect the bad karma, or bad juju, as some would call it?  Who knows!
My broken foot, while on vacation... I would say that was some pretty bad juju. A week ago yesterday I got the ok to walk, hike, bike and swim on it. No running, no dancing. No worries! Right? I mean.... beautiful friend Claire just moved to Chicago and in doing so sold me (cheaply) some of her stuff.  Including a very nice bike. Hooray! Biking to get some cardio back in my life. But... the cards were not in my favor.
Between this morning when I left my apartment (7:30ish) and this afternoon as I was leaving my apartment at the end of lunch (1:15ish) someone stole my bike. Seriously. Lock cut and all.

Unfortunate events. Bad juju. I can only think that some of the bad juju has just been transferred to whomever stole my bike. Is the thought alone enough to get more bad Karma? Hmmm.... deep thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. it's okay - mine was stolen too. I think bikes just do that. Sad, but true. You are THE BEST person I know! You'll get a bike somehow! XOXO

    ReplyDelete