Thursday, February 24, 2011

In preparation for a long weekend

This weekend is going to be a nice long, four day weekend. Hooray!!! Jay and I and my friend Anne and her hubby Josh and a bunch of others are heading up to Copper Mountain for a long weekend of skiing, snowboarding and other shenanigans. Anne is the super duper planner of this extravaganza, and put me in charge of bringing dessert for the weekend festivities. Since I am not one to just go buy a pack of cookies from the store... it meant lots 'o' baking!!! My mom joined me in this endeavor....

First up.... BROWNIES!
Chocolatey goodness
I made this recipe last week and brought them to work. They were gone in no time. I saved one for Jay to try...his request? "Can I have a whole pan of these?" Done and Done.

Second dessert...CANDY COOKIES!
       Candy Cookies are a creation of The Pioneer Woman.  I made them a couple times before... but they are dangerously yummy. And seriously easy to make.  You start with the tube of premade cookie dough from the grocery store. Slice it. Then quarter the slices.

Mmmm....cookie dough
 Then you unwrap candy of your choice (mine was pb cups, of course)
 It is always nice to have a willing helper...
Hi willing helper!
 Stick the cookie dough in mini muffin tins and bake in the oven for a few minutes
 Then when they're all piping hot, stick the unwrapped candies in the middle.
 This creates a yummy, gooey, crunchy, chocolatey explosion of tastiness in your mouth. Seriously. Like drugs. But better.

Third....NUTELLA PINWHEEL COOKIES!
 I made these around the holidays... but thought they were so tasty that I could easily bring them up to the mountains to share. I didn't actually bake them last night but.... thanks to my new (although quite old - no really, its old) standing mixer (THANKS MOM!!!!) I was able to quickly whip up the dough for the cookies.
Hello beautiful
The dough was chilled, rolled out and slathered with nutella. The rolled up cookie logs are sitting in my freezer...waiting for me to come home tonight after dance and slice and bake!

Depending on how timing goes... there will also be blueberry muffins in the oven tonight... but it all just depends. Either way, I have a boatload of tasty treats to share this weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment