Friday, December 3, 2010

And so it begins...

One of the reasons that I love, love, love this time of year, is not only for the holiday decorations and lights and music, but mainly for the baking. Holiday baking is my favorite thing to do. Ask Miss Heather, she has survived 4 holiday seasons with me. The first year I was the worst, a mad baking fiend. Every year since then has been only half that bad. But I love it. Cookies, candies, chocolates, fudge, desserts, etc. Holiday baking is my favorite time of the year.

Last night I kicked off my holiday baking season! My mom and bro came over for some family time...dinner and cookies!! 
First up on the baking list: Nutella Pinwheel cookies
Pinwheel cookies are the same thing as "Icebox cookies" which I can remember baking up with my mom when I was young. They are the kind of cookie where you mix up the dough, chill it, roll it out and put the other flavor in and chill it and then slice them up and bake them. So...what better way to start baking than bringing back an old school tradition with some yummy Nutella taste (I LOVE Nutella, seriously). 
Nutella all spread out on the dough

Mmmm... cookies are ready to bake

Fresh cookies!!

My baking partner! Hi mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment