Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Holiday weekend

So... sadly, I didn't get the chance to take pictures of all the delicious food that was scarfed down at our Thanksgiving this year. Too busy cooking and mingling to bother!!! But, I would have to say the dinner was a success!!  Smoked turkey, mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, butternut squash casserole, crescent rolls, green beans, stuffing and apple crisp for dessert!! It was nice to spend the evening with so many people, and it was so much fun!!!

Friday was the annual Turkey Day Bowl for Jay and his friends.  They all get together and play flag football against another team the day after Thanksgiving... mostly for fun but it gets a little competitive. This year I was the only cheerleader on the sidelines for the boys (most of them I know now). So I got to cheer and yell. Lots of fun! Jay's team won... which made the fact that they were all sore and tired afterward that much better.

Saturday was a lazy day.  We ran some errands, ate lunch downtown and vegged out on the couch for most of the afternoon.  Dinner was cooked by Jay's mom. Tasty and delicious! And just added to the massive quantities of food that was eaten.

Sunday, unfortunately... was my sick day. I got the flu! Which is part of the reason why this post is so late in coming. Sunday and Monday, I was down for the count. Luckily, my personal nurse (Jay) went out and got me saltines and ginger ale in order to aid in my getting better. I am not back to 100% - but I am certainly no longer dying on the couch. I will try to make up for the lack of posts and lack of pictures soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment