Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Holiday season begins

Starting tomorrow! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! I know its a day early, but lets face it, I will not be blogging tomorrow, I will be eating.  Food!!! This year's Thanksgiving meal will be a bit different from the last 4 or 5... or so. Usually its just my mom, baby brother and I.  This year its going to be the three of us, PLUS... baby bro's girlfriend and her dad, and Jay and his mom. A full family get together. It should be a lot of fun. The menu (pictures will be posted if I can take them before everything gets eaten) is as follows: smoked turkey, butternut squash casserole, green beans and asparagus, pumpkin bread, rolls, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and apple crisp for dessert. I am contributing the casserole, mashed potatoes, pumpkin bread and apple crisp. I have never made butternut squash casserole, so I am hoping it turns out well!! What's on your menu? Anything special? Or new?
This year, I feel that I have a lot to be thankful for. Great family, great friends, and people who support and love me regardless. I have dance, cooking, and my pretty kitties. I have my health (even with my broken foot earlier this year - it could have been so much worse). I have food to eat and contribute to our meal. I have so much, and hope that everyone has something to be thankful for in their lives. Enjoy your holiday!!

1 comment: