Friday, October 22, 2010

Confusion

Yesterday was a brilliantly gorgeous day in Denver. 70s, sunny with a slight cool breeze. Perfect fall weather, right? Fall? Hmm... its something like that. But, yesterday was gorgeous, so I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and stroll along 16th Street Mall during my lunch hour. Its fantastic, there are so many food carts out and the leaves are changing and people are everywhere. The Mall has such a strange mix of business people, workers from the stores and restaurants, children and teens out of school... the Greenpeace people, the save the Children, save the Environment, save the __________, and once in a while you get the "You're Going to Hell" unless you find Jesus people.  But really... its fun to look and watch and see.

Yesterday... there was a new group of people on the mall. Anti-abortionists. Now, this is not a rant for being Pro-Life or Pro-Choice. To each their own. Seriously. No, this is about the fact that out of the 6 people standing in a one block radius... 5 of them were men. Men holding anti-abortion signs. Men yelling out anti-abortion slogans and propaganda. Men. Wait, pause, Rewind. Men?? Men don't have babies, do they? Men don't have a uterus, or have to carry a baby for 9+ months... do they? I was under the impression that it was a thing for women to do. So why are there MEN out on the mall spreading anti-abortion sentiment?  I was confused. I was even more confused when one of those men yelled out, "I don't believe in murdering my baby, aren't you glad nobody murdered you?
                          I nearly died. I don't believe in killing MY baby...? His baby?
                                                          Confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment