Sunday, September 18, 2011

A house divided

I am a Chicago girl. Born and bred. I spent the first 6 years of my life in the city...and even once we left the city for the suburbs, there were lots of visits to the city.  I have been in Denver for almost 10 years now. I love it and don't have plans to return to the Windy City any time soon (except for vacations, of course)
That being said, I have a few Chicago teams that I still cheer for. Like...the Cubbies! And... Da Bears! Bear down Chicago Bears
I bring this up since football season has started back up. And when you live with an avid football fan, as I now find myself doing, you can't help but be more vocal about your love for the Bears! Luckily, I have a wonderful and understanding boyfriend... and he gives me gifts that are perfect for the Chicago girl....
Bears Jersey!!! 
Recently, Jay surprised me with the 1940's throwback jersey... the one I have been wanting since I saw the team play in them last October! 

So now, I sit here on this beautiful Sunday afternoon and get to watch my Bears play. To add to my awesome jersey... I have my super sweet Bears socks as well!!
sweet Bears socks!
So what does this all mean for the non-Bears fan in my life?  Well, luckily he is very understanding... and his team (the Denver Broncos) share similar colors. Blue and Orange. So...in order to make sure Jay didn't feel left out on football days, I whipped up a little something so we can both share our love of our favorite teams. (please forgive the shoddy quality pictures, thats what happens when you rely only on your phone)
Broncos
Bears
So why am I showing you pictures of Broncos and Bears print? Because...I made a fleece tie blanket! I have seen a couple of these in friends' homes...but had never tried to make one myself. So... I decided that since Jay and I had a split household that what we needed was a Bears/Broncos blanket.
one side Bears the other side Broncos!
Now...everyone can be happy! :) At least until the Bears and Broncos play each other. Then we might have to fight over which side of the blanket is on the outside!

A house of orange and blue!

1 comment:

  1. where are the earrings and hair ties?! GO ALL OUT, GIRL!

    ReplyDelete