Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Ultimate Girl's Night

Tuesday = girls night

Usually its just Stacey and I. We eat, we chill, we talk. Last week she and I went and saw "Water for Elephants". Good movie. Totally chickie, but good to see!

Last night? ULTIMATE. GIRLS. NIGHT.
How so?
Wine + Cupcakes + Fave girlies = Awesomeness.
This might have to happen more often.

My beautiful friend, Julie, came up with this brilliant idea after our dance show a few weeks ago. She suggested it... I put the plan in motion. It worked well since Tuesdays were already a night Stacey and I got together... and Julie had the night off of work, and Claire was more than willing to drive down from Boulder to escape for a few hours.
First up, the cupcakes. After scouring the internet and perusing my Food Network and Cooking Light magazines... I came up with Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes. Yum!
I pureed the strawberries (fresh!)
Hello strawberry goodness
 Mixed up the batter
tasted just like strawberry ice cream
 And voila! The cupcakes were done! The recipe called for a few drops of red food coloring to add more color to the cupcakes. But... since Julie is allergic to red food dye, I decided death by cupcakes was not a good plan. Less pink but less death. Always a good thing.
 The original recipe I found called for Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting. I don't know what went wrong... but it was so very, very wrong.  I ended up going with a simple whipped chocolate frosting with mini chocolate chips. So tasty!
drool....
 Julie brought a mixed box of cupcakes that had Brownie Fudge, Bavarian Cream, Raspberry Lemonade, Cookies and Cream... and many more. Between all that sugar, a bottle of wine and a bottle of champagne... the laughs were flowing, stories were being told and girls night was a BLAST.
cupcake lovers

random shot. Love you, Claire!

The Carnage
The best part of this girls night... was that it followed in the wake of Claire giving her notice at work. She's movin' to Chi-town! We have about a month more to enjoy Miss Claire, but after that... its road-trip time. I will miss you, Claire!!
Girls night was a total success. A plan for another one is already in the works... so we'll see what we come up with for next time!
Next up.... leaving for D.C. tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment