Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sometimes you just need comfort food

Last night was one of those nights. It had been cold and windy the last two days... and I had a giant knot in my shoulder that made even the smallest movements painful. So comfort food was needed!  Thankfully I could call up my personal massage therapist and tempt him with hot homecooked food... Jay is always a willing participant when food is offered up.

Last night's comfort food... Hearty Sausage Veggie and Rice soup with cheesy Beer Bread. The soup turned out fantastically! The bread wasn't bad... but I think next time a different recipe will be needed, or I am going to have to do some major tweaking to the recipe. It was a bit dense for both mine and Jay's tastes. But, all in all it was yummy. And once Jay had a full belly, he was more than willing to work out the painful knot in my shoulder. :) Nothing wrong with bartering food for massages, right? If only that worked in the real world.

Cheesy Beer Bread
Yummy and delicious soup

This is only the second time I have ever made soup - that didn't come out of a can - and I have to say that I am quite proud of the creation! I based the soup off of this recipe. But since I like to do things my own way in the kitchen, I added and took away what I wanted and what I didn't want to make a creation all my own. Jay was satisfied with the soup as well... his only suggestion? More garlic! (he likes to keep the vampires away...hahahaha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment