Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Winter has arrived

It only took all of November and December, but its finally here in Colorado. And boy, is it here! It started snowing on Sunday morning and stopped sometime Sunday night. Monday, Tuesday and today have been frigid cold in the mornings. Cold enough that I feel like I am back in Chicago. And.... I am pretty sure I moved away for a reason. Anyway... when the weather outside looks like this in the mornings....
I make warm in your belly food. Comfort food. Food that makes the whole house feel warm and toasty. Last night was no exception. Last night I tried my hand at Shepard's Pie. It turned into a bastardized version, but it turned out and was TASTY! And warm.

MMMmmmm.... looking forward to trying even more warm and tasty recipes since the cold will be sticking around for a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment