Friday, December 17, 2010

Chicago!!

It has been an eventful trip so far... traffic getting to the airport on Wednesday night was HORRIBLE. I was actually afraid that I would not be able to make it to the airport in time.  Luckily, I made it. And, just in time to be told that the plane was delayed... a whole hour. Gross. Regardless... I made it back to IL!

Yesterday, part of my Christmas present from my dad was to attend the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Brass concert. Fantastic!! We headed into the city early to hit up the German market in Daly Plaza and H&M on State Street.


Tasty treats at the Market. Sadly, H&M was very disappointing and I did not find the amazing stuff that I normally do.
A trip by the Bean


The CSO Brass takes a bow
We headed back to the German market for some treats for the ride home... and so I stopped to take pictures of the beautiful Chicago at night... with holiday lights!!
Tree at the German market

The Chicago river... looking quite festive!

Sugared Almonds round out the treats!
It was a great day!! Busy and fun. It is much, much colder in Chicago than it has been in Denver... so we got home, got some tasty Italian beef for dinner and hunkered down to watch some t.v.  I got to warm up in my awesome fuzzy Christmas socks from Dad! More to come... I am sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment