Thursday, November 18, 2010

Date Nights!

This week, I got to have not one... but two date nights!! Hooray! Tuesday night is my normal "girls night/date night" and this week it was extra fun.  First of all, its the very last girls night/date night that Heather will be around for since she leaves next Tuesday to start her whirlwind travel adventure! Exciting and sad all at the same time.  So, Tuesday consisted of Stacey bringing over the beer (yum) and me cooking up some spicy stir-fry! (extra yum). The three of us then headed off into the cold wintery night to see "Morning Glory"
It was a GREAT girly chick flick and a great way to spend the cold, drizzly night with friends!

Last night, Hump Day... :) I got to have date night with my number one man, boyfriend Jay. We usually do not see each other during the week as we both have lots to do and not a lot of nights to do it in.  Last night was an exception and I loved it! I had him over for a homecooked meal...not like the boy wouldn't eat anything you put down in front of him, but I like to cook and I like to cook tasty things... so this was on the menu:
Homemade calzones!

Apple pockets
I made calzones for dinner, which are super easy, but I was out of practice since I hadn't made them in a really long time.  They weren't the prettiest to look at but they were really tasty. For dessert I tried out a totally new recipe for apple gallettes/pockets. (I call them pockets because there was so much extra dough it looked like a little pocket once I had folded them all up).  The dessert was tasty, but the next time I make it, it will definitely need more sugar. Both in the pastry dough and in the apples themselves.  But still, I heard no complaints from the peanut gallery. :) After dinner was snuggle time in front of the tv with a fun, action packed movie. All in all it was a great night and its been a great week so far. Looking forward to the weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment