Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pettiness in the workforce

Do remember high school? The pettiness? The behind-your-back conversations? The snubbing of certain people "just because"? Boy - do I remember that. I hated high school. I couldn't wait to get out of there. Not to say I didn't have friends in high school, but man the overwhelming amount of little crap that went on drove me nuts.

And then I became an adult.

Somehow, I thought we had left all that petty, nit-picky, bullshit behind us. But, the longer I work in the the "real world" the more I realize that high school mentality still exists in the workforce. There are still cliques, snide looks, behind-your-back conversations and a lot of he-said/she-said.  Its unfortuate that as adults, the same mindset still exists.

Do you deal with pettiness at work? How do you deal with (or not deal with) the drama thats created?

No comments:

Post a Comment