Tuesday, July 9, 2013

21 days challenge

So, I've read before that it takes 21 days for something to become a habit. Specifically along the lines of diet and exercise. Now, while I consider myself a relatively healthy individual, I can always be better. Especially if I want to be a better dancer! So.... I am putting myself on a 21 day challenge. And...leaving you, my readers (all 6 of you?) to hold me accountable. Or really, I can feel like someone is holding me accountable.  My goal? Workout for at least 20 minutes a day. Everyday. For 21 days.

I started Monsay. 20 minutes of soft shoe dance work on my tiny (yea!) dance floor. 

Tuesday? 25 minutes of hardshoe. And so it begins!

Wednesday was a full dance class. While class is actually an hour and a half, I usually only count it as an hour of dance. We rest in between! 

Today wasn't nearly as intense. My feet tend to be pretty sore the day after dance....and add in the fact that I danced on Monday and Tuesday...and I was pretty achy. So, after dinner, Jay and I went for a quick (brisk) 20 minute walk after dinner. Lovely!
So....17 more days to go! Can I stay on track? I hope so! From here on out I will try to post everyday après workout. Challenge accepted!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it!!! Text me when you practice!!! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, Emily...GOOOOO! One day at a time!! YEAH!!

    ReplyDelete