Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Tripping over my tangled laces

Why am I tripping over my laces? Because, I am still dancing, but right now, my heart is not in it.
Why?
To answer, I first have to explain that my passion and love for dancing hasn't changed. I love dancing. I look forward to working myself until my legs are shaking and my feet are aching. But... I am not loving the school I am right now.
Remember my Post St. Pats post? I mentioned that I was struggling with the change in new teachers at our school. Well....3 1/2 months later, I am still struggling. Except now its because I feel like I am an afterthought.  Oh, you're an adult dancer thats not a champ? That's too bad.
Wait, what??!? I work just as hard, if not harder, than some of the kids in my class. So...why do I not get any feedback? Any suggestions? Any support? Hmmm.....
I mean, I know I am "old" for a dancer. I started late. 23. I am 28 now. I get it. I struggle with steps and moves. But, you know what? I WILL get them. Because I want to. I am not there because my mom and dad make me. I am there because I WANT to be.


I think its time I start looking for a different school to dance with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment